Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My First Issue


Well, here it is: Detective Comics #388, dated June 1969. The first comic book I ever owned. It really looks it, doesn't it? It's actually got a loose page near the center, and almost feels too fragile to read, which is a shame.

I'd forgotten there was a back-up Batgirl feature in the issue, but being only part one of a longer story, I guess I'd never really gotten it. To add confusion to my newbie (need I remind you, four-year old) perspective, in the story, Barbara has been hired by someone to dress up like Batgirl and runs afoul of a gang of jewel theives dressed like Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Flash. How long must I have puzzled over that?

Sorry it's not a scan. Don't have one of those set up currently, so had to be satisfied with a digital photo of the cover.

No comments: